no one was found at fault. injuries accured.

UPDATED: May 23, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 23, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

no one was found at fault. injuries accured.

i was sitting at a green light waiting for traffic to move infront of me when another driver ran her car down my driver side. in my report i clearly stated i was not in motion when she hit me. she states in her report that me and another vehicle came out of our lanes an hit her…but im not in motion…the officer reported all three vheicles were traviling along side prior to accident…my vehicle was not in motion. she has a conflicting and false statment. what can be done here?

Asked on May 23, 2009 under Accident Law, Nevada


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to go and file an amended police report that states your version of the accident.  Since the police officer was not present he can only report what is reported to him/her.  If there were witnesses to the event that support your version you can list them on the new report as well.  By filing the new report it shows that you took steps to correct what you state are inaccuracies in the filed police report.  It looks good for you if you are filing a claim but it does not meanthat the new report takes the place of the one filed by the police.  That is the official report.  Unfortunately people don't always tell the truth.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption