Never got paid for 104 hours of a job I did where I worked

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Never got paid for 104 hours of a job I did where I worked

I sewed curtains for cabins at my home for 104 hours asked $10 an hour was told by the GM ill see what I can do. I gave him copy of hours wrote down in march. Then emailed him in july still no pay. I talked to head of camp which told me to email him. Have since left company in september but no pay for these hours yet. Payroll accidentally direct deposited an extra payroll in my account but now wants the money back. What do I do. Do I have a case for services rendered but no payment?

Asked on November 21, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, West Virginia


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your employer for breach of contract / account stated.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be the amount you are owed.
You may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims case.  In addition to the amount you are owed, upon prevailing in the case you can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption