Naturalization through parent.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Naturalization through parent.

I received my green card through my US citizen parent she got her naturalization through marriage. I was seven-teen and a half when I got my green-card, which was 10 years ago. I recently applied for my US passport, the passport agency sent me back a letter stating that I need proof that was living with her when I received my green card. I’m trying to get proof like tax transcript, and or school records its been so long its hard to get a copy of those. I don’t know what to do if I can’t provided the proof. My question is their some other way I can provide that I was living with her with I got my green card?

Asked on March 28, 2018 under Immigration Law, New York


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

how about proof of residence at the time through doctors visits, affidavits from parents, neighbors, friends, relatives.  is uscis asking for additional documentation other than this?  does your mom not have access to her documents from that time to show that she claimed you as a dependent on her tax returns, etc.  if you would like to have me review the request from uscis and advise you further, feel free to contact me directly.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption