UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


I have applied the N-400 on August 2017. I went for biometrics on September. As per October 4th my case is in line for interview, and there is no update since then. Im getting married in Czech Republic on May 19 2018, so Im really nervous. Do you know how long normally takes to receive the interview letter after the biometrics? Also, does oath ceremony happen the same day?

Asked on January 15, 2018 under Immigration Law, New Jersey


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

it can take 6-8 months for the citizenship interview to be scheduled after filing and that's on average.  The interview is separate from the ceremony.  The ceremony may be scheduled a few weeks after a successful interview or a few months after.  Also, the marriage in the Czech republic should not affect anything as you can still travel using your green card and you should make sure that someone has access to your mail while you are away in the event you get any correspondence from USCIS while you are away.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption