My Will in State of Michigan

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My Will in State of Michigan

My only assets are Vanguard stock/IRAs, CDs
with Symphony Bank and bank accounts with
Comerica Bank as well as my personal
belongings. I have drafted a Will and have had
it notarized and signed by two witnesses to
leave everything I own to my two adult children.
My children are listed as my beneficiaries for all
of the above assets I listed. Is that sufficient or
do I need to do more regarding my Will?

Asked on November 7, 2018 under Estate Planning, Michigan


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If the will was signed by you in the presence of two witnesses, who then each signed in each other's presence while ackowledging (in writing, on the signature page) that they know who you are and witnessed you signing the will, then the will should be valid and enforceable.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption