Is this legal fora PO to tellsomeonethat theycannot move with their family?

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is this legal fora PO to tellsomeonethat theycannot move with their family?

My wife was told by her probation officer in MD that she could not move to CA with me and our 2 kids even though I got a job out here.

Asked on September 19, 2011 under Criminal Law, Maryland


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Your wife needs to carefully read the terms of her probation in that its controls the duties owed by her concerning her criminal conviction. I suggest that she needs to speak directly with her probation officer to set up a transfer of her supervision and her reporting duties under her probation to a California probation department.

Your wife can move with her family, but she needs to set up a transfer of her probation reporting duties to a probation department in the county in California where you plan on moving.

Good luck to her.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption