If a fight broke out in a club that my wife and I wereat and she was injured, who do we sue?

UPDATED: Jul 22, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 22, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a fight broke out in a club that my wife and I wereat and she was injured, who do we sue?

My wife was at a club watching a band. During intermission a fight broke out a few feet away. While it was going on, a hand from one of the combatants hit my wife in the nose. It was broken and she needs surgery. She has to be out of work for a week and not paid. We have to pay large ($500) surgical co-pay. Do we have any recourse?

Asked on July 22, 2011 Massachusetts


Stan Helinski / McKinley Law Group

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Sorry to hear. If the club has prior incidents of fights breaking out but didn't take adequate reasonable measures, you could probably get some recourse.  It's largely fact-dependent. 


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption