What should we do if my wife slipped and fell at a restaurant and hurt her rib?

UPDATED: Dec 10, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 10, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should we do if my wife slipped and fell at a restaurant and hurt her rib?

We went to the emergency room the next day. They took X-rays and said nothing was broken, although they did say that she has a chest strain that could take up to 4 weeks to heal. The doctor told to rest so she took next 3 days off. The restaurant has called but we haven’t heard from their insurance yet. What to do next?

Asked on December 10, 2013 under Personal Injury, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you spouse consult with a personal injury attorney in the locality that you reside in to discuss issues of liability and damages. One in your community can be found on attorneypages.com. I would consult with your own attorney before dealing with the insurance carrier for the restaurant.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption