What to do if my wife left the US 2 years back to go to India with our US citizen baby girl and will not come back?

UPDATED: Nov 23, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 23, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my wife left the US 2 years back to go to India with our US citizen baby girl and will not come back?

Now my wife is asking for divorce and will not allow me to talk my daughter. We got married in India.I have been in the US legally dor the last 4 years. What I should I do to bring my daughter here?

Asked on November 23, 2012 under Family Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that given the complicated nature of the question that you are writing about as to dissolution and custody of your minor child you should consult with a family law attorney to see what your legal recourse would be in getting your daughter returned to the United States. I suggest filing a marital dissolution action in thye county where you live in the States and a request for the return of your daughter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption