What to do if my wife’s condition went undiagnosed for years?

UPDATED: Oct 28, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 28, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my wife’s condition went undiagnosed for years?

My wife for 6 years has suffered debilitating headaches that last sometimes for a week at a time. She was even hospitalized. They even refused her treatment at the emergency room and accused her of just seeking out narcotics. She had even been in so much pain when refused treatment that once she attempted to take her life. After all these years a doctor has found she has major cervical disk damage and couldn’t believe no one had seen it. I believe she may have a case against some doctors who mistreatedher. Should we speak with a medical malpractice attorney? We’re in Brevard County, FL. 

Asked on October 28, 2011 under Malpractice Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your wife has been suffering the problems that she has over the years due to prior medical failure to ascertain her problem of cervical disk damage, and if she had been diagnosed sooner she would not have had the physical as well as mental problems that she had, you should consult with a competent personal injury attorney experienced in the area of medical malpractice.

You need to be aware that a medical malpractice case is an expensive venture both in terms of time, but finances. You also need to get experts to testify that prior health care providers fell below their standard of care in failing to ascertain the problem with your wife.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption