If my wife has had a injury over time on her knee drom being at the same job for over 20 years, what should she do?

UPDATED: Aug 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my wife has had a injury over time on her knee drom being at the same job for over 20 years, what should she do?

It is a hard job working in a warehouse organizing paper samples for a large company. She is in charge of the whole building she is in. About 6 months ago, she started to get pain behind one of her knees and noticed it was getting worse as time went by; also it was more painful the more she crouched done to pick out lower samples. Now the pain is getting bad enough that it effects her doing her job. Tomorrow she has a doctor’s appointment. What should she do?

Asked on August 9, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your wife's injury is job-related, she should file a worker's compensation claim.  Her employer's human resources department will have the  forms for filing a worker's compensation claim.  Workers' compensation will pay for the medical bills and provide compensation for pain and suffering.  Workers' compensation will also provide vocational rehabilitation if that is applicable in your wife's situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption