If my wife and I were in an accident, how much can we get out of the case?

UPDATED: Jan 25, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 25, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my wife and I were in an accident, how much can we get out of the case?

The person ran a red light and slamed into our car; both of us were hospitalized. I was discharged from ICU in a week and am about to start my therapy sessions. My wife, on the other hand, has more severe damage and needs more treatment. To date, we have medical bills of around 150k and counting. The person who hit has 100/200 coverage.

Asked on January 25, 2014 under Personal Injury, Georgia


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You are lucky that the person who hit you had decent coverage.  You can expect to receive the policy limits.  If you have underinsured motorist coverage of your own, you may be able to recover a little bit more there.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption