If my visa status is B1-B2, what are the possible ways of getting a green card?

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my visa status is B1-B2, what are the possible ways of getting a green card?

Options such as green card lottery, relatives, special skills, through employment and refugee are not suitable for me. Can I permanently stay in the country by establishing a business within the US? Do I have any other options to permanently stay besides the ones mentioned above?

Asked on January 6, 2014 under Immigration Law, New York


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You may qualify as an investor, but it will depend on the amount you invest, and possibily your nationality. I would need more information about your goals and plans.  YOu may qualify for an E2, investor visa. Please contact me with more details on your goals, plans, etc. Harun@ksvisalaw.com or 858-874-0711.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption