my travel agency filed for bankruptcy I dont know what to do.

UPDATED: May 17, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 17, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my travel agency filed for bankruptcy I dont know what to do.

Asked on May 17, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Georgia


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I assume you had booked a vacation with them. If so you should still be booked as you did pay for the vacation and the agency should have then put the money towards paying for your airfare, resort, cruise etc.

However I do not know specifically if this is the case. If they failed to book the trip you can seek legal assistance in pursing this matter although if they go bankrupt you will have issues collection

what i advise is calling and inquiring as to where you stand. you can even contact the airline, resort, etc. see if you are booked and if so than the bankruptcy shouldn't affect you. if you are not call the agent ask them what is going on

you also can contact a local attorney who may be able to advise you locally how to proceed and if they know of anything to do that may assist you if in fact your money seems to have been placed towards something other than your trip

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption