If my tire came off while driving, how do I deal with the tire store?

UPDATED: Aug 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 12, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my tire came off while driving, how do I deal with the tire store?

I had a oil change and tire rotation 2 days ago and the next morning one of my wheels came off while driving down the street. The shop said they would repaire the truck but I don’t trust the work I would like to take it else where and have them pay for it. Do I have any say or rights?

Asked on August 12, 2012 under Business Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The tire store is liable for any costs you incur, or any damage to your truck, caused by their negligent (or careless) work. In theory, therefore, they should pay for your repairs at a different shop. However, bear in mind that if you want money from them (rather than them doing the work) and they refuse to pay, you'd have to sue them for the money. Depending on how much is at stake, it may or may not be worthwhile to take legal action.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption