My spouse is visiting online teen porn sites. What can I do to stop it? Will I get in trouble if the computer belongs to me?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My spouse is visiting online teen porn sites. What can I do to stop it? Will I get in trouble if the computer belongs to me?

From my home computer, my soon-to-be ex logs on to websites explicit in advertising teen porn. We have teen daughters. He refuses to stop. I have contacted cyber crimes dept. of state police but they say it’s difficult to determine “legal teens” from “minor teens”. My divorce attorney doesn’t have any answers. What can I do?

Asked on April 12, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Teen porn sites? Do you mean sites touting these girls as barely legal? Usually, these are all 18 year olds who look young -- perfectly legal and you won't get into trouble.  However, if he is actually dealing with children, then immediately contact the police.  In terms of it is legal sites he is visiting (i.e., girls are really 18 and older), then legal guidance is not what you need. 

Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do.  Most likely it is simply going to be an issue for you if your children are minors and you feel it is going to be an issue for a custody/support hearing. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption