my soon to be ex-wife was arrested for domestic assault. why is she a loud to come back to the house and take the child?

UPDATED: May 22, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 22, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my soon to be ex-wife was arrested for domestic assault. why is she a loud to come back to the house and take the child?

she assaulted me when i was holding are 16 month old child. And now she has the child and will not let me she her. And the court will not give me an order of protection. And her order for granting bail says she not aloud to yell or be threatening to me. She has i call the shieffs and they let her thats the child and made me leave.

Asked on May 22, 2009 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If you are currently getting a divorce I assume you must have an attorney handling the matter for you. This is a serious situation from which you would best be served having the attorney handle for you.

Being as I do not know the specifics I am unsure if the court expects the child to be with you or her, if with you than she is in violation and the court should be made aware. If with her than you really cannot do anything about that unless she is violating visitation rights.

If she violates the order granting bail than you need to make the court aware. I suggest everything be done by your matrimonial lawyer as they can ensure the proper paperwork is filled out and they will know which avenue to proceed down.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption