If my 17 year old son son had a party in my garage while I was not home and omeone left and got a DUI, what can he be charged with?

UPDATED: Dec 17, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 17, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my 17 year old son son had a party in my garage while I was not home and omeone left and got a DUI, what can he be charged with?

The party got out of hand and people he does not know showed up. Someone left and got stopped for DUI. The police say he will be charged.

Asked on December 17, 2011 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written, your son even though he is a minor could be charged with being in possession of alcohol as a minor since he had a party in your garage when you were not home where another person, presumably under age was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Given the circumstances that you have written about, I suggest that you consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in anticipation of a criminal charge being filed against your son.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption