What to do if my son was hit by a US postal carrier while riding his motorcycle?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son was hit by a US postal carrier while riding his motorcycle?

This was 2 months ago. He spent several days in the ICU and has had many doctor appts since as well as lost time at work and school. We have been unable to get the responding officer to return our calls or to obtain a police report. One office finally told us that our son was found not at fault. We cannot get any information about the postal worker, a witness or the insurance information. We have a damaged motorcycle and medical bills piling up. We consulted an attorney who has been unable to get a copy of the police report. What is going on? And what should we do?

Asked on July 27, 2013 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


Robert Johnston / Law Office of Robert J. Johnston Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You have probably already been told this, probably several times, so I'm sorry to say it again, but you really need an attorney. Its inconceivable to me that the attorney you dealt with was not able to get a police report. I've been doing Personal Injury cases for 19 years and have never been completely unable to obtain one.

I don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing the other attorney, because I have not heard his/her explaination, so I'm not criticizing them, but I would consider consulting with another attorney. Your son has a very serious case and it needs to be handled professionally. So retaining an attorney is the best answer I have for you.

In addition to the obvious reasons, there's also the fact that a lot of people who persue these matters on their own, are simply not taken seriously by the people they are trying to persue a claim with. That is due to a lot of people simply concluding that since they are not a lawyer, and consequently are not fully equiped to file a lawsuit and litigate the case, then they are not much of a threat. I can assure you that an attorney's letterhead will get some attention.

You are welcome to call if you would like.

Robert J. Johnston



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption