My son was arrested on March 11th for DUI I can’t find an help do you know anybody that can help? I don’t have money.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My son was arrested on March 11th for DUI I can’t find an help do you know anybody that can help? I don’t have money.

The police had my son do a sobriety test my son failed as he asked “how did you want me to turn around” and things like that. He was nervous and wanted to do it right. My son took the breathalyzer as he knew he was not under the influence of anything. That was 0.00. The police wanted him to do a urine test, they asked him if he has done pot in the past he said yes, and they told him that the urine test was time specific, and they were only looking for the last two hours. I am afraid that the police were lying to him. My son told me it does not matter; he was not under the influence of anything

Asked on March 16, 2012 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your son was arrested for driving under the influence of a controlled substance on March 11, 2012, I recommend that he immediately consult with a criminal defense attorney about the situation. If he cannot afford a private criminal defense attorney, I suggest that he go down to the public defender's office and see if he qualifies for a public defender.

Possibly contacting your county bar association will assist in a possible pro bono defense by an attorney willing to assist in the defense of your son.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption