What to do if my son has a warrent issued for retail fraud shoplifting some hair gel?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son has a warrent issued for retail fraud shoplifting some hair gel?

He is currently on probation for marijuana. Should he appear to the court, contact his probation officer or seek an attorney? Looks like his bond is set for $500. Will he need to pay this to avid being held?

Asked on September 11, 2013 under Criminal Law, Michigan


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Your son should contact a private attorney licensed in the involved state right away for emergency nature legal assistance and legal counsel. (I myself am licensed in Minnesota.) Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily






Robert Johnston / Law Office of Robert J. Johnston Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I am in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and therefore, I always restrict my answers to this state. Although, its often obviously that my answers are general enough and important enough, that they should be followed in any state. Plus, a person must always contact and attorney and have a one-on-one conversation about the case. That is crucial and should be done immediately.

You asked, "Should he appear to the court, contact his probation officer or seek an attorney?' Quite possibly, he should do all three. Depending on the state, which court, at which stage in the criminal court system for that jurisdiction, these matters vary. I'm sorry I'm not more specific but I simply do not know where you are.

At your son's absolutely first opportunity, meaning today, right now, contact a criminal attorney and have a one-on-one conversation with him or her. Especially since he is on probation. Many people on probation can have their probation revoked and end up in prison if convicted of another charge. Take no chances. Contact a criminal attorney NOW.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption