What are my right if my sisters wrongfully reported me to Animal Control for animal neglect?

UPDATED: Dec 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my right if my sisters wrongfully reported me to Animal Control for animal neglect?

Animal Control inspected the property, asked questions, examined my dog and found it to be a “false report”. My family was shocked and hurt. Do I have a case?

Asked on December 21, 2013 under Personal Injury, California


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

No, you do not have a case against your sisters because you have no damages.  Your family being shocked and hurt does not count.  You do not state that you were even personally affected by this.  You sisters may have very well believed you were neglecting your dog.  Just because you were cleared by Animal Control does not mean your sissters did anything you can sue over.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption