My sister will

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My sister will

My sister don’t not have much but she wants to keep peace between her children I am her sister who she wants me to make sure to sell or disperse her belongings from her oldest to youngest child without a argument and hatred between them and set a will in motion to follow her request. She is from mo and I want make sure what to do to implement this without later being challenged and the siblings fighting over what little she has and tearing her children a part.

Asked on December 26, 2016 under Estate Planning, Missouri


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Your sister having a Will would make things easier and be the most likely method of her having her estate distributed as per her wishes. Since she does not have an extensive estate, she can go online and purchase a do-it-yourself Will form. In it, your sister can name you as her executor. Further, since she has a relatively small estate, you can probably by-pass the formal probate process and use a small estate procedure that is cheaper and faster. If she dies without a Will, you can ask to become administrator (or personal representative) of the estate but there is no gurantee that the probate court will appoint you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption