What to do if my Parole Officer is forcing me to be homeless?

UPDATED: Jun 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 29, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my Parole Officer is forcing me to be homeless?

I am on parole for a marijuana offense. When I was placed on parole the process of a transfer to another state began. The transfer was rejected on the basis of a false address because I stayed between my father’s and my cousins (close by). So my PO is requiring that I stay here even though I have no home. She has told me I have to live on the streets for 4-6 months before she can apply for a transfer again. Is there anything that I can do?

Asked on June 29, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Andrew Goldberg

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You can desparatelt look for employment and then rent an efficiency. If that does not work, you can file a Petition with the sentencing Judge either to modify the conditions of your parole, allowing you to move to another State, Alternatively, you can file a petition with the sentencing Judge, asking to reduce parole and to put you on probation ( with a condition of probation allowing you to move to another State ).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption