What to do if service center performed shoddy work and will not take responsibility for it?

UPDATED: Sep 2, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 2, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if service center performed shoddy work and will not take responsibility for it?

My mother brought her car in to get 4 new tires at a place advertised on TV, upon going to get the tires the mechanic basically coerced her in to getting rear shocks by saying it was imperative. Then, $800 later she left and as she was going down the road the 2 rear hubcaps fell off; she also heard a load squeeking sound. So she pulled into the nearest auto service center and they took a look. They told her that the shocks were not tightened nor were the lugs on the tires. They did the work and didn’t even charge her, as they told her she could have had a horrible accident. She called the other service center and they deny everything and won’t even replace the 2 missing hubcaps. I am quite mad but don’t know what to do?

Asked on September 2, 2014 under Business Law, Pennsylvania


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You may sue for the value if the damages p the lst hub caps and any other compensable out of pocket loss. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption