hat to do if my husband’s parents are both deceased and when they died there was no Will?

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

hat to do if my husband’s parents are both deceased and when they died there was no Will?

There is a piece of property that he has been taking care of and paying the taxes. He was just approached by someone who was interested it buying it but we don’t know how to approach the other brothers who we haven’t spoken to in years.

Asked on April 23, 2013 under Estate Planning, Missouri


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You are advised to obtain the services of a probate lawyer who would file a petition into probate court to probate the land into the statutory heirs of the parents, so the brothers can obtain title, and maybe enter an agreement to sell the property.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption