My husbands ex-wife has bought land next to property we own and my husbands family cemetary, the cemetary is sourrounded by pine trees….

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My husbands ex-wife has bought land next to property we own and my husbands family cemetary, the cemetary is sourrounded by pine trees….

His ex-wife has set fire to the pine trees that sourround the cemetery and now they are dying , these trees have been growing there for a very long time and stand 40 to 60 feet tall, now they must be cut down and removed because we were informed by the county attourney if they feel on her property , vehicle or one of her children we would be held fully accountable for any damages. What can we do? She is the one who distroyed family property and it feels like we being punished for it. His ex is someone who does what she wants when she wants with total disregard for anyone else. We need help.

Asked on July 1, 2009 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If you can prove who set fire to the pine trees on your property, you can sue that person for your damages, both the loss of value to the property and the cost of removing the trees.  One place to find a lawyer to handle this case for you is our website,

What matters in court isn't what you know, it's what you can prove by competent evidence.  You're going to need more than just the fact that the bordering property is owned by your husband's ex.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption