My husband has be arrested for a warrant issued in Jan, 2009, this is his first offense. How much time will he get?

UPDATED: May 13, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 13, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My husband has be arrested for a warrant issued in Jan, 2009, this is his first offense. How much time will he get?

His warrant states the offense as MFG/DEL 1

Asked on May 13, 2009 under Criminal Law, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Okay. This is first offense ever? He is turning himself in or already turned himself in? Does he have a public defense or private criminal defense counsel? If he can afford private defense counsel, try and then check his or her record at Illinois State Bar. 

In terms of your question of how much time will he get: no one knows.  In other words, it depends on the offense, his history, what the lawyer strikes as a deal with the prosecutor and if the judge accepts, if the prosecutor will drop the charges.

In terms of his offense: This is manufacturing delivering a controlled substance.  What was it? Since I don't know the type and amount, contact his public defender.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption