my husband got hurt on the job does he receive compensation

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my husband got hurt on the job does he receive compensation

will my husband receive money from workmen’s comp for being out of work for three weeks, or does workmen’s comp only pay for medical. I have never delt with workmen’s comp before

Asked on July 1, 2009 under Personal Injury, Arizona


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If your husband didn't get his regular pay for the time he was out of work, he is probably entitled to temporary total disability ("TTD") benefits for that period.  If he hasn't gotten either, he needs to file a claim for the TTD, as soon as possible. One place to find a lawyer who can help you file that claim is our website,

In most states, TTD benefits are 2/3 of the injured employee's regular pay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption