If my husband get a citation for DUI but his date of birth is wrong, ithat an out on the charges?

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my husband get a citation for DUI but his date of birth is wrong, ithat an out on the charges?

My husband got a DUI last night 2 blocks shy of being home. They pulled hIm over because he dId not put on hIs new tags. EverythIng was up to date, just old stIckers. He blew a .11 and they took him in.

Asked on September 3, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

There is this common belief that minor errors in traffic tickets and citations are defenses to crimes.  Not really.  Unless there is another person who goes by your husband's name, has the dob they listed and drives a similar car...it's not really going to help him out.  There may be other ways of challenging the dui, but a wrong dob doesn't help him out much.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption