My husband confessed to a crime he didnt do

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My husband confessed to a crime he didnt do

My husnabd confessed to a crime e didnt do he was tired, stress, scared and got cnfussed during an interview..Would that be considered a confession under duress or a false conession

Asked on April 19, 2009 under Criminal Law, Kansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 15 years ago | Contributor

It would take a pretty good lawyer to be able to get a "confession" thrown out just because he was "tired, stresses, scared and confused" without a lot more facts falling his way. 

The first issue is in where did he confess -- at home, in the street, in a police car, in the police station and was he under arrest or the equivalent at the time?

The second is in what form did he allegedly confess? Verbally? In writing?

The third is if he was in custody, did the police read him his rights? Did they advise him he had a right to counsel or to have counsel appointed if he lack assets?

The fourth is was the confession illegal coerced?

These matters require analysis by a criminal defense lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption