What to do if my husband is breaking a no contact order?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband is breaking a no contact order?

My husband and I are in a nasty divorce. We had an argument in the driveway of our house and the police were called. We have a no contact order in place, which says we are not to go to each other’s place of work. I work at the YMCA nd he has been coming there to work out before I get to work. Is this legal for him to do and what if I go to work out at the same time?

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Depending on how the order is written no, it is a violation of the order.  He has to find another YMCA to use to work out or join another gym.  You should avoid being there when he is there and you should discuss the situation with your lawyer asap.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption