If my home was foreclosed on and I got an eviction notice, is there anyway to save my house?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my home was foreclosed on and I got an eviction notice, is there anyway to save my house?

I became ill last year and have had 5 surgeries; I’m learning how to walk again. I tried making payments but they wouldn’t take less than 2 payments at a time and wouldn’t give me a deferment

until I became current. My house foreclosed and I have received an eviction notice. Is there anything that I can do?

Asked on February 27, 2018 under Real Estate Law, New Hampshire


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Unfortuantely, no: if you receive an eviction notice, that is likely because the house has already been bought at the foreclosure or sheriff's sale by someone (possibly the foreclosing bank), and the new owner is demanding you leave. In that case, you have already lost the case past redemption or recovery; the home would belong to someone else.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption