How can I get a denial of GAP insurance reviewed to make sure they didn’t deny me incorrectly?

UPDATED: Aug 1, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 1, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get a denial of GAP insurance reviewed to make sure they didn’t deny me incorrectly?

The claim was been reviewed by the underwriter, who determined it to be a negative GAP in which there is not a deficiency balance to assist on. Therefore, no payment was be issued.

Asked on August 1, 2011 Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

GAP insurance is a special type of insurance typically placed when someone buys a new car or leases a car over a period of years. This type of insurance helps protect the owner of the vehicle (or the person leasing it) from the drop in a vehicle's value after being driven off the lot with respect to the balance owed on the loan or lease in the event that the vehicle is involved in an accident where the amount owed is more than the vehicle's blue book value.

You can call your insurance representative and request a conference with him or her to review the claim concerning your automobile that presumably was deemed a total loss to make sure that any settlement check paid to the lender for your loan to purchase the vehicle or your lease is "paid in full" so that the lender or the person from whom you leased the vehicle from will not be seeking extra money from you.

Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption