If my friend just got sent to juvie for stealingbut has been caught once before, what will happen on his court hearing date?

UPDATED: Jan 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my friend just got sent to juvie for stealingbut has been caught once before, what will happen on his court hearing date?

He was about to go on probation for the first offense but commited the second crime before his probation started. What will happen at the hearing? I just want to know if he could be sent to jail or anything besides probation and community service.

Asked on January 3, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I have no idea what will happen at your friend's court appearance for stealing where he was placed on probation for one offense but soon thereafter committed another crime. Since he is a minor and has already violated the terms of his probation, there is a good possibility that the judge hearing the violation of probation matter and the second offense may actually send your friend to spend actual time at juvenile hall for a substantial period of time.

Meaning, your friend could be looking at 3 to 6 months in juvenile hall now as a result of the second offense assuming he is still a minor.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption