Wht to do if my father died after he aspirated and it went into ARDS?

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Wht to do if my father died after he aspirated and it went into ARDS?

My problem with it was that he was relatively healthy 84 year old. The hospital thought he was having an ulcer attach in his stomach. I’m not sure what they were doing but I witnessed them trying to shove a tube down his throat while he was yelling out that they were hurting him. Not just once but twice. He was very distressed from this. I never got to talk to him again. We then transferred to a bigger hospital and they asked me how this happened. Not just one doctor or nurse but probably 20. They didn’t say anything but I could tell that something had happened. Do I have any recourse> This happened 8 months ago.

Asked on January 4, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Ohio


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You should contact an Ohio medical malpractice attorney immediately.  Part of the statute of limitations applicable to this claim may expire one year from your father's injury.  There are ways to extend this SOL, so don't delay.  The "wrongful death" portion will expire two years after his death.

I cannot tell from your description whether malpractice occurred.  However, the circumstances are suspicious enough, and the damages available in Ohio may be significant enough, to warrant an investigation by an attorney.  Contact one or more malpractice attorneys in your area right away.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption