What to do if my ex-wife lied to the Child Support judge about how much she pays for a babysitter?

UPDATED: Sep 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my ex-wife lied to the Child Support judge about how much she pays for a babysitter?

She produced handwritten receipts stating that she pays her aunt $200 a week for babysitting. I know her aunt does not charge her to watch our daughter. This increased my payments by $100 more a week. I also have a younger child with my new wife that the judge refused to consider. What can I do?

Asked on September 21, 2012 under Family Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that if you wish to press the issue with respect to your "ex" failing to be honest with respect to the true amounts of baby sitting expenses that you consult with a family law attorney to see what your legal options are and what the costs would be to pursue such in relationship to the chances of success.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption