What to do about back child support payments and lack of vicitation rights?

UPDATED: Oct 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about back child support payments and lack of vicitation rights?

My ex and I have been separated for 7 months now. She won’t sign the divorce papers or allow me to see my 3 kids unless under her supervision. I desperately want to see my kids but not her. My support payments are based on making $20 an hour which I don’t and can’t make right now. More than half my paycheck goes to support and I’m really far behind. Shes taking me to court for contempt and won’t allow me to see the kids. I have no money and don’t know what to do. I want a divorce, I want to see my kids and the support lowered to a reasonable number.

Asked on October 16, 2012 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that if you cannot afford a family law attorney to assist you in the difficult situation that you find yourself in that you look into the following options:

1. contact your local legal aid clinic to see if it can be of assistance;

2. contact your county bar association to see if there is a program where attorney's volunteer time to assist people such as you that are in need and do not have the funds to pay an attorney;

3. contact your nearest law school to see if there is a program there where law students under the supervision of attorneys assist those similarly situated as you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption