If my employer is forcing us to work without clocking in on time clock and falsifying our time sheets, what canI do?

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my employer is forcing us to work without clocking in on time clock and falsifying our time sheets, what canI do?

Myself and another employee decided yesterday to clock in when we got to work and clock out when we left,but within 2 hours of clocking in I was called by my supervisor and told not to use the time clock and was told if I didn’t like it I could turn my stuff in and leave.

Asked on December 8, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, Oklahoma


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is against the law for employers to not pay hourly employees for their time worked or to keep accurate time records. You may therefore have a legal claim for compensation, and could either contact your state department of labor to file a complaint and/or consult with an employment law attorney about bringing a law suit. In either event, keep your own records of your time in and out, to corroborate your claims.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption