What to do if my employer has not paid me my commission for the last 10 weeks?

UPDATED: Jan 3, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my employer has not paid me my commission for the last 10 weeks?

They give me an excuse every week that they need to talk to this person and talk to that person. They are trying to make me pay back on pricing that was not right from for the last 6 months. I have never signed anything that states if wrong pricing was given that they would take back. So since they have been auditing my commissions they are trying to say I made the company lose $13,900 in monies so they have been holding back my commissions. Is this legal?

Asked on January 3, 2013 under Employment Labor Law, Massachusetts


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country you are entitled to receive your pay and commissions from your employer on set dates per the presumed agreement (express or oral) that you have.

Given the fact that you have not been paid in ten weeks for money earned, then I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney or a representative with your local department of labor to see what legal recourse you may have such as filing a claim against the employer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption