my daughter has two **** charges that show on backround checks. What can she do?

UPDATED: Apr 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my daughter has two **** charges that show on backround checks. What can she do?

Want to to pass background checks

Asked on April 15, 2009 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends what you mean by "record", what the charges were for, and whether they resulted in a conviction.

If the criminal charges are properly on her record, and resulted in a conviction, they likely will be there and subject to public access forever. Lots of convicted people would want to have the world forget about their criminal convictions and get a fresh start as if it never happened, but that's not the way the world works.

Even if she could get the charges expunged or receives a pardon from the Governor (if it was state charges) or President (if Federal charges), given the availability of all sorts of information on the Internet the conviction likely would be on some "record" forever.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption