My court date on ticket is 12/11/18. But online it is 12/3/18. I have no way to get to court on 12/3/18

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My court date on ticket is 12/11/18. But online it is 12/3/18. I have no way to get to court on 12/3/18

I was given a non-mandatory appearance citation for failure to control on
11/25/18, and a court date of 12/11/18. When I went into the system on 12/2/18,
it states that my court date is actually 12/3/18. I have no means of
transportation to get to the court on 12/3/18, and I am afraid my license will be
suspended and a warrant will be issued if I am unable to make it, as I do intend
to fight the citation. My attempts to call the court left me unable to even
leave a message, much less speak to a human person.

Asked on December 2, 2018 under General Practice, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Hire an attorney to appear to appear for you--even if the lawyer might not be able to resolve the case entirely that day without you, at least with an attorney appearing for you, you will avoid possible suspension and a bench (arrest) warrant. (And a lawyer will generally help you get a better outcome, anyway.)
Of if the issue is nothing more transportion, find a way to get there: rent a car, Uber or Lyft, public transporation, a ride from a friend or family, etc.
If it's not worth either hiring a lawyer or renting  a car (or taking Uber, etc.), it's not worth fighting: pay the ticking online if you can.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption