What should I do if my car got water damage from a leak 2 floors above our garage from the pool?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do if my car got water damage from a leak 2 floors above our garage from the pool?

The water left a rust stain on the paint. The association is not taking my complaint too seriously and wants to car wax it out. However, if my car has a clear coat on it and they use compound it might take the clear coat off. The association is also dragging its feet in fixing the repair that made the stain in the first place

Asked on December 14, 2015 under Uncategorized, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, if they won't pay you what you think you are entitled to for the remediation, you'd have to sue them for the money. If you sue, you'd need to have an expert witness--some experienced/trained auto detailer, for example, who can testify as to why you can't just "wax it out." That could be more time and money than it's worth (you'd presumably have to pay the expert for his/her time): you may wish to just negotiate to get them to pay you what they consider a reasonable sue to wax, etc. the car, and then foot the rest of the cost out of pocket.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption