Hoe doI get my ex-boyfriend to leave my house?

UPDATED: Feb 22, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Hoe doI get my ex-boyfriend to leave my house?

He has lived with me for the past 4 years. I have asked him 18 times in that 4 years to leave but he never does. He is not on the deed.

Asked on February 22, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have a house that your former boyfriend resides in and you want him to vacate, you should serve him with a 30 day notice to vacate if he is on a month-to-month rental with you.

If he refuses to vacate after service of the 30 day notice to vacate, I suggest that you then file an eviction lawsuit. To get the documents needed in proper form, I suggest that you consult with a landlord tenant attorney to assist you. Obviously he will not listen to your desires. Possibly something coming from an attorney will get the results you desire.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption