my boyfriend is in montgomery county lock up he has gone to court 2 times an his probation officer has never shown up?

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my boyfriend is in montgomery county lock up he has gone to court 2 times an his probation officer has never shown up?

My boyfriend is locked up on a stolen credit card charge he has been there 6 months and has 2 court dates and his prbation officer has not shown up for either one to sentance on his violation nor has she contacted his public Defender or the D.A what can we do?

Asked on June 13, 2009 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

His probation officer doesn't have to call his public defender.  That is his job.  I won't judge you on being with someone who stole credit cards but really, if he did the crime, he has to do the time.

He needs to contact his lawyer.  If his lawyer is ignoring him, then he needs to bring a motion regarding ineffective counsel.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption