My boyfriend has no bond for VOP on felony probation. the charge is bull****. what can we do

UPDATED: May 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My boyfriend has no bond for VOP on felony probation. the charge is bull****. what can we do

my boyfriend got arrested when his friend sold to an undercover. they are trying to charge my boyfriend w/ possession of cocaine when he had nothing on him and was only the driver of the vehicle. he bonded out initially but when he went to court this past monday he was taken to jail and was not given bond due to the fact of his VOP on felony probation what should we do

Asked on May 14, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

As BS as the charge maybe you need to deal with it.  I suggst hiring a lawyer to defend him.  Your boyfriend is facing very serious and his exposure most likely is 2-5 years in jail.   The fact that your boyfriend was the driver makes it appear that he was in on the deal with the undercover.  I would help him by hiring a local lawyer.  If you cannot afford a private lawyer you should get in touch with the public defenders office.  The idea is to work out a deal to avoid him being violated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption