My boss has refused to pay my wages and flights

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My boss has refused to pay my wages and flights

Hi there can you tell me how i how i go
about making my boss pay my wages and
flight he had signed an agreement
stating that he would cover any cost
that may accur if employment was to end
Wages 1800
Flight 800

Asked on November 7, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you had a signed agreement that he violated, you get the money by suing him for "breach of contract"--for violating the agreement. If you did what you were supposed to do, then he is contractually obligated to do his part and pay you. You can sue for wages based on breach of contract, too: even if the agreement was oral (unwritten), there *was* some agreement pursuant or according to which you were working--an agreement that he would pay you a certain wage or salary for doing work. If you did the work, he therefore must pay. If the total amount of money at stake is less than the limit for small claims court, then suing in small claims, as your own attorney ("pro se") is a fast, cost-effective option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption