What to do if my 18 year old son was arrested for disorderly conduct because he was peeing in a bush in the far side of a parking lot?

UPDATED: Sep 17, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my 18 year old son was arrested for disorderly conduct because he was peeing in a bush in the far side of a parking lot?

I have checked the local ordinances and there is nothing about public urination. He did not expose himself to anyone. The local statutes do say that any misdemeanor can be charged. He was hauled off to jail, put before a judge 8 hours later, and the judge dismissed the charge. Meanwhile, he has an arrest record for disorderly conduct even though the charges weren’t valid. I can’t find any state statute for public urination, especially not one for arrest. Isn’t this a case of improper arrest and imprisonment? Getting this expunged may not be enough.

Asked on September 17, 2013 under Criminal Law, Florida


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Your son should have attorney assistance from an attorney licensed in his state (I myself am licensed in Minnesota.)  You ought not post details of a criminal matter on a public website.  Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily





Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

He should retain counsel.  If the case was ultimately dismissed, he may usually file an expungement action to seal any records of the arrest and charges. The arrest for a misdemeanor was, however, proper 


Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption