What to do if my 18 year oldson got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnantbut she may have been 15 when she conceived?

UPDATED: Dec 3, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 3, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my 18 year oldson got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnantbut she may have been 15 when she conceived?

His girlfriend is in DCF custody and when her father found out she was pregnant he took a restraining order out on my son, Now I hear he is trying to file charges against him for statutory rape. I am not sure what to do. The police tell me not to worry because the DA won’t file charges and not to get an attorney. This father put a gun in this girl’s sister’s boyfriend’s mouth and is waiting to be sentenced so he is no one to play with.

Asked on December 3, 2011 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You have an obligation morally to protect your 18 year old adult son from possible violence from his girlfriend's father. As such, I recommend that you consult with a criminal defense attorney who is experienced in obtaining restraining orders.

The reason for this is that it might be a good idea to look into the possibility of getting a retraining order against the girlfriend's father to protect you and your son since it seems from what you wrote that the father could be dangerous.

I would also consult with the attorney as to the likelihood of the district attorney's office filing statutory rape charges against him.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption