What will happen if my 18 year old daughter was convicted of consumption/possession of alcohol?

UPDATED: Nov 7, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if my 18 year old daughter was convicted of consumption/possession of alcohol?

Can she/will she lose her license? Paid fine, completed on-line alcohol training, no probation violations.

Asked on November 7, 2011 under Criminal Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your eighteen (18) year old daughter (a minor) was convicted of possession of alcohol and consuming it, she most likely will receive a fine, could receive jail time, will be ordered by the court to attend alcohol related courses and will have a criminal record for the conviction.

Since she was a minor receiving such a conviction, most likely she will have her driver's license suspended for at least one year. If she has not received anything from the department of motor vehicles in the state she resides in about her conviction, she will probably receive something in the next month or so.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption